Articles on this Page
- 12/15/16--03:43: _After TV5, GMA-7 Si...
- 12/15/16--06:08: _Pia Wurtzbach Predi...
- 12/16/16--00:21: _Miss World 2016 LIV...
- 12/16/16--02:15: _Miss Cook Islands, ...
- 12/16/16--16:38: _Pia Wurtzbach MIGHT...
- 12/17/16--13:13: _Catriona Gray wins ...
- 12/17/16--16:22: _Alicia Aylies is Mi...
- 12/18/16--02:06: _MISS WORLD 2016 | A...
- 12/18/16--14:58: _Miss Puerto Rico is...
- 12/19/16--17:18: _Miss World 2016 | I...
- 12/20/16--17:31: _El Salvador Pulls O...
- 12/20/16--19:45: _Sophia Sergio is Mi...
- 12/21/16--18:00: _Miss World Brazil 2...
- 12/27/16--02:22: _Miss Indonesia and ...
- 12/27/16--19:14: _Dayanara Torres To ...
- 12/27/16--22:06: _FLASHBACK : Miss Un...
- 12/28/16--00:35: _WATCH : Maxine Medi...
- 12/28/16--15:56: _Janine Tugonon's Ar...
- 01/01/17--18:22: _New Zealand wins Mi...
- 01/01/17--20:09: _Colombia Placed in ...
- 12/15/16--06:08: Pia Wurtzbach Predicts Catriona Gray will win Miss World 2016
- 12/16/16--00:21: Miss World 2016 LIVE STREAMING Links
- 12/16/16--02:15: Miss Cook Islands, Miss World 2016 First Semi-Finalist
- 12/16/16--16:38: Pia Wurtzbach MIGHT Co-Host Miss Universe 2016 Pageant
- 12/17/16--13:13: Catriona Gray wins Multimedia Fast Track, Earns Top 20 Spot
- 12/17/16--16:22: Alicia Aylies is Miss France 2017
- 12/18/16--02:06: MISS WORLD 2016 | Astrological Predictions - Pageanthology 101
- 12/18/16--14:58: Miss Puerto Rico is Miss World 2016
- 12/19/16--17:18: Miss World 2016 | In-Depth Fan Review
- 12/20/16--17:31: El Salvador Pulls Out of Miss Universe Pageant
- 12/20/16--19:45: Sophia Sergio is Miss Universe ITALY 2016
- 12/21/16--18:00: Miss World Brazil 2016 Speaks Up About Miss World Controversy
- 12/27/16--02:22: Miss Indonesia and Miss Thailand : Over-Hyped by Fans?
- 12/27/16--19:14: Dayanara Torres To Make a Comeback in PH Showbiz Next Year
- 12/27/16--22:06: FLASHBACK : Miss Universe 1974 & 1994 Prizes
- $40,000 employment contract from Miss Universe Inc.
- $10,000 cash plus swimwear and sportswear from JANTZEN, INC.
- $10,000 cash plus eyewear collection from RAY.BAN
- $3,000 cash plus an active/casual shoes collection from PAYLESS SHOESOURCE
- $2,000 cash plus a year's supply of !exclamation fragrance products from COTY
- $2,000 cash or a one week trip for two to Hawaii plus a generous supply of suncare products from HAWAIIAN TROPIC
- $35,000 shopping spree at RUSTAN's, the Philippines' premier department store
- The all-new Firebird convertible from PONTIAC DIVISION
- The stunning 1994 Miss Universe Diamond signature Brooch designed by Lauren Pipkorn of HAMMERMAN Jewellers, New York
- An exquisite $20,000 18 karat gold and diamond Italian designed Swiss ladies watch from BERTOLUCCI WATCH COMPANY
- A $12,000 shopping spree of leather or fur coats and jackets awarded by world-famous FLEMINGTON FUR COMPANY
- A $10,000 South Sea Pearl Jewelry Ensemble from JEWELMER INTERNATIONAL
- A pair of first class tickets to any worldwide destinations on PHILIPPINE AIRLINES including Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East and USA.
- $10,000 worth of MINOLTA photo equipment
- An extensive assortment of fashionable formal footwear by FREDERICO-LEONE
- A personal appearance travel wardrobe and luggage from Miss Universe, Inc.
- The beautiful Miss Universe Trophy
- The dazzling Miss Universe Crown from INTERNATIONAL GEM & JEWELRY SHOW
- During her reign, Miss Universe 1994 will reside in a luxury apartment in Los Angeles, California, USA
- 12/28/16--00:35: WATCH : Maxine Medina's Catwalk Training
- 12/28/16--15:56: Janine Tugonon's Art Nude Calendar, Now On Sale!
- 01/01/17--18:22: New Zealand wins Miss Tourism International 2016
- 1958 Luz Marina Zuluaga, winner
- 1959 Olga Beatriz Pumarejo Korkor, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1960 Maria Stella Marquez Zawadsky, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1962 Olga Lucia Botero Orozco, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1963 Maria Cristina Alvarez Gonzales, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1965 Maria Victoria Ocampo Gomez, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1966 Edna Margarita Ludd Lucena, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1968 Luz Elena Restrepo Gonzales (Best National Costume)
- 1969 Margarita Maria Reyes Zawadsky, Top 15 semi-finalist
- 1973 Ana Lucia Agudelo Correa, Top 12 semi-finalist
- 1974 Ella Cecilia Escandon Palacios, third runner-up
- 1975 Martha Lucia Echeverri Trujillo, Top 12 semi-finalist
- 1976 Maria Helena Reyes Abisambra, Top 12 semi-finalist
- 1977 Aura Maria Mojica Salcedo, third runner-up
- 1978 Mary Shirley Saenz Stamez, third runner-up
- 1980 Maria Patricia Arbelaez Pelaez, Top 12 semi-finalist
- 1984 Susana Caldas Lemaitre, fourth runner-up
- 1985 Sandra Eugenia Borda Caldas (Best National Costume)
- 1986 Maria Monica Urbina Pugliesse, second runner-up
- 1987 Maria Patricia Lopez Ruiz (Miss Photogenic)
- 1988 Diana Patricia Arevalo Guerra, Top 10 semi-finalist
- 1990 Lizeth Yamil Mahecha Arevalo, second runner-up
- 1991 Maribel Judith Gutierrez Tinoco (Best National Costume
- 1992 Paola Turbay Gomez, first runner-up
- 1993 Paula Andrea Betancur Arroyave, first runner-up
- 1994 Carolina Gomez Correa, first runner-up
- 1995 Tatiana Leonor Castro Abuchaibe, Top 10 semi-finalist
- 1997 Claudia Elena Vasquez Angel (Best National Costume)
- 1998 Silvia Fernada Ortiz Guerra, Top 5 finalist
- 2000 Catalina Ines Acosta Albarracin, Top 10 semi-finalist
- 2002 Vanessa Alexandra Mendoza Bustos (Best National .Costume)
- 2004 Catherine Daza Manchola, top 10 semi-finalist
- 2006 Valerie Dominguez Tarud, top 10 semi-finalist
- 2008 Taliana Maria Vargas Carrillo, first runner-up
- 2010 Natalia Navarro Galvis, top 15 semi-finalist
- 2011 Maria Catalina Robayo Vargas, top 16 semi-finalist
- 2014 Paulina Vega Dieppa, WINNER
- 2015 Ariadna Gutierrez, Furst Runner-Up
What channels are the 2016 Miss Universe Pageant on next year? What about streaming video?
As of now, only GMA Network and TV5 have signed to broadcast the pageant with Solar Entertainment.
Hopefully, a deal will make also between ABS-CBN network and Solar Entertainment soon.
The 2016 Miss Universe Pageant will air Monday, January 30th at 8AM at the Mall of Asia Arena on GMA-7, TV5 and Solar Entertainment.
GMA Network and Solar Entertainment reached an agreement on December 15 as co-broadcasters of the 65th Miss Universe pageant next year.
In a news report from GMA website, Solar Entertainment president and CEO Wilson Tieng and GMA Network vice president for VP Program Management Jose Mari "Joey" Abacan signed the contract that approves the airing of the pageant live on GMA Network, followed by a replay at a later time.
There will be a "wall-to-wall" lineup of activities in the weeks leading up to the pageant and he is hoping that the best of the country will be in full view of the world.
You can also watch the show in ETC channel. ETC is a commercial broadcast television channel in the Philippines. It is owned by Solar Entertainment Corporation through its subsidiary Southern Broadcasting Network.
It will be aired primetime in the US through FOX Network on January 29th.
Read Also : Miss World 2016 to air on GMA-7, December 19th, 8AM
Remember how Pia forcasted Kylie Verzosa's winning in Miss International 2016? Miss Universe took to social media that she will win Miss International prior to her competition.
Hopefully, she's right again about her forecast!
Miss World 2016, will be the 66th edition of the Miss World pageant, held on 18 December 2016 at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States just south of Washington, D.C. 117 contestants from all over the world will compete for the crown. This is the second time that the United States will host the pageant. Mireia Lalaguna of Spain will crown her successor at the end of the event.
Here are the Live Streaming Links in HD :
Natalia Short, Miss Cook Islands, took a shortcut in Miss World Top 20 as she has just made history after earning the top spot in Miss World 2016's Sports Challenge. It's the highest placing the Cooks have received so far in major international pageants.
Miss Cook Islands is now the first semifinalist at Miss World 2016 to be held on 18 December 2016 at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States just south of Washington, D.C.
Miss World Sports (Gold Medal): Cook Islands
Silver Medal: Croatia
Bronze Medal: Malta
Like Megan Young, Pia Wurtzbach might be the first Miss Universe winner to host the coronation night as reigning titleholder. Remember Megan Young is the first reigning Miss World as main host of Miss World 2014 pageant?
Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo confirmed during previous press conferences that a Filipina will co-host the Universe pageant in Manila with American actor-host Steve Harvey. She said having a co-host would prevent a repeat of last year's blunder of announcing the wrong winner. We had posted previously that Shamcey Supsup-Lee, Miss Universe 2011 3rd runner-up is also rumored to co-host with Steve.
Tourism Undersecretary Kat De Castro said that the DOT is hoping reigning Miss Universe Wurtzbach can have a bigger role on the night she is set to pass her crown to the 65th Miss Universe queen.
Here are some of Kat De Castro's statements according to news report in CNN Philippines website:
"We have high hopes for Pia Wurtzbach to take a major part in the show and not just pass on her crown I hope so — Why not she's a good host and she's proved herself again and again she's hosted a lot of segments in the U.S.,"
"Paula Shugart loves Pia. Everybody in Miss Universe loves Pia. Let's just wait for their announcement, but of course it would bring us so much honor here in the Philippines if she is considered as a main co-host"
If this happens, aside from All-Filipino Makeup Team, another history in the Miss Universe pageant will be made.
Miss World Philippines 2016 Catriona Gray got a guaranteed spot in Top 20 by winning Multimedia Fast Track! The winners were announced at Miss World's official facebook page.
Multimedia award is a challenge on how brilliant a candidate use the social networking sites.
Catriona is also one of the Top 5 finalists of Beauty with a Puropose Challenge together with Misses India, Indonesia, Nepal, and Kenya. Winner to be announced on the finals night on December 18th in Washington DC. The Music graduate stunner was also a runner-up at Talent Competition.
Here are the Fast Track Full Results :
Beauty with a Purpose finalists:
In no particular order. Winner will be announced during the final.
Top Model winner:
Personal interviews for the preliminaries can rake also for the spot in Top 20.
Way to go Catriona!
Miss Guyane, Alicia Aylies was crowned Miss France 2017 in a historic win this Saturday night in Montpellier, France. She's the first Miss France winner from French overseas territory located in South America Guyane (French Guyana) as she bested 30 other candidates. The show is one of the most followed show in France for this year, it had 7.9 million viewers last year.
First runner up is Languedoc-Roussillon, second runner up is Miss Tahiti while the third and fourth runners-up are Misses Guadeloupe and Lorraine respectively.
She will represent France at the 2017 Miss Universe pageant.
Stephanie del Valle Díaz of Puerto Rico was crowned Miss World 2016. The 66th edition of the Miss World pageant was held on 18 December 2016 in MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States. Stephanie bested 116 candidates from all over the world.
Yaritza Reyes of Domican Republic was named as 1st Runner Up while Indonesia's Natasha Manuela placed second runner-up.
The 19 year old beauty is currently studying her first year in communications and pre-legal special program at the Pace University in New York.
1st Runner-Up : Dominican Republic
2nd Runner-Up : Indonesia
Top 11 SEMIFINALISTS:
People's Choice : Mongolia
Miss World 2016 Top 20
Reposted from Coco Alinsug ( Critical Beauty)
COCO's REPORT AND OBSERVATION AT MISS WORLD 2016 (Char!):
1.) The moment I entered the venue and saw the stage, the first thing that came into my mind was "Is this Miss Universe"? the stage, the crowd, the design is reminiscing of Las Vegas version of Miss Universe 2015.
2.) The Opening number with the girls dancing to Fifth Harmony's That's My Girl is an imitation of this year's Miss Earth with the same music and energy.
3.) The most fans in the venue came from Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Venezuela, USA, Thailand, Italy (surprisingly), and of course the Filipinos. (Tne Mexican fans were still shouting Mexico even after she was not called in the Top 20. Reminiscent of Miss Universe 1993 LOL)
4.) There's tons of empty seats specially in the lower section of the hall. I saw somebody falling asleep during the pageant (reminiscent of Miss World pageant held in China years ago where somebody caught sleeping and almost feel off his seat LOL), too bad I failed to take a photo since the staff there are very strict with people taking videos blah blah
5.) I left my seat briefly because I have to look for that damn souvenir program which Jodie Arabella Daimba wants me to get for her, I searched everywhere, and even asked some of the staff there to help me find one, I almost called the US National Guard to help me look for one but Miss World is so disorganized.
6.) The format this year is waaaaayyyyy better than the previous years. When Miss Mongolia was announced as Miss Talent, one supporter of Miss Bahamas said "When does changing of clothes became a talent?"
7.) On live stage Miss Philippines, Kenya, Brazil and France are STUNNING on stage. OMG Philippines deserves all the hype, while Indonesia OMG no comment but the gown is ugly, the hair she looks like she's going to do her laundry in the nearest river. Miss Rom. Rep looks better in her Miss Universe days, while Puerto Rico look is soooooo Ivian Sarcos (maybe Julia likes that look)
8.) The Final 5 Q and A, Philippines got the most applause maybe because there's tons of us Pinoys there but you guys saw it too, she clearly aced her question together with Miss Kenya (the two of them gave the best answer among the 5 and they answered it confidently, smoothly with not hint of nervousness or stuttering)
9.) Before the announcement, everybody, as in EVERYBODY thought Miss Philippines is secured for the crown, people are just talking about who will be her 2nd, 3rd, etc etc. Even the supporters from other countries are also saying Philippines will be the winner.
10.) When Julia announced Indonesia as 2nd Runner-Up, people were shocked and some are scratching their heads and when Puerto Rico was announced as the winner, we were all stunned, including family members and supporters of other girls. A group of family members of Miss England were upset and even apologizes to us, they were shocked. I heard other people booing.
11.) .....I have to leave the theater, it was weird to be there, the feel was so negative and people wants answers.
12.) It was a sad Miss World this year, not sad for the fans of Miss Puerto Rico which I personally like and happy for her and for her countrymen. My friend Francisco who is Puerto Rican keep teasing me the whole night and making funny faces to me which I don't care since I did that to him last year too when Pia won Miss Universe LOL.
13.) .....but the big question is Indonesia's inclusion to whatever she can be highlighted at Miss World. Like what I told Miskun, another friend who is indonesian, I have no problem seeing a Miss Indonesia win a major title as long as she is deserving and clearly stunning, but come on, she's not even close as beautiful and smart and stunning as Mexico who was not included in the Top 20 (That one is a big injustice to her and to those other girls like Ukraine and Venzuela who are way attractive than the long-chinned Miss Indonesia. Her inclusion is a clear manipulation of this year's Miss World.
14.) You can bash me or say negative things about what I just said, but this is from my own experience and my own thoughts. In fact, this post is way more civil since I've already rested and had my coffee LOL. Good thing I did not post this last night LOL.
15.) Baltimore it's nice seeing you but I miss Boston and time to go home.........I can't wait for Miss Universe in Manila and hoping for Catriona to join Binibini next year or a year after. She is still young and will be an awesome Miss Universe or even Miss International.
Reasons : Poor Management of franchise holders and issues of corruption.
The last time El Salvador didn't participate in Miss Universe was in 1981. In 2004, Telecorporacion Salvadorena acquired the franchise for Miss World, and in 2006 acquired the franchise for Miss Universe. The pageant was renamed Nuestra Belleza El Salvador and held two separate pageants to select the delegates to Miss Universe and Miss World. In 2010, the format changed as in that year they decided to select the two representatives in just one pageant.
Unfortunately, not a single El Salvadorean beauty has ever won the Miss Universe crown.
|Maribel Arrieta Gálvez is holding two trophies. One for Miss Congeniality award and the other for her 1st runner-up at Miss Universe 1955! She is the closest that El Salvador can get to the crown.|
Sophia Sergio of Neapolitan was crowned Miss Universe 2016 Italy. in a gala event held
on Sunday, December 18 at the Parco dei Principi Grand Hotel & Spa in Rome. The pageant was conducted by Paul Conticini and Micol Azzurro, produced by Edward Walson and Daniele Taddei.
24-year-old Sophia will represent Italy at the Miss Universe Finals in the Philippines on January 29, 2017.
Miss World 2016 pageant received a lot of angry and disappointed comments online when National Directors of Indonesia and Puerto Rico sit as judges at the recently concluded beauty contest.
The Brazilian beauty commented on a facebook post that "there wasn't enough food and water, there were candidates who slept with the pageant's staff and there were no panel of judges for the Beauty with a Purpose challenge event, and suspicious jurors".
26-year-old from Goiás also questioned on why national directors were at the panel of judges. Beatrice added that she might write a book about her experience at the Miss World 2016 pageant someday.
Stephanie del Valle Díaz of Puerto Rico was crowned Miss World 2016. The 66th edition of the Miss World pageant was held on 18th December 2016 in MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States.
|Here's the original facebook comment of Miss Brazil|
Their faces do flood the social media feeds especially in instagram, Miss Thailand Chalita Suansane
and Miss Indonesia Kezia Warouw.
Is over-hyping good or bad?
"Glad to be back with Manila GENESIS again...! Couldn't feel more at home! Love you guys @angelipv @therealgaryv Here's to New Beginnings"
Third Puerto Rican Miss Universe Dayanara Torres made this statement as she announced that she is returning to Manila Genesis as one of its talents.
Glad to be back with Manila GENESIS again...! Couldn't feel more at home! Love you guys @angelipv @therealgaryv Here's to New Beginnings💫 *** FELIZ de estar devuelta con la compañía GENESIS en Filipinas, como en Familia! Ito ay isang bagong araw! #ItsAnewDay #NewBeginnings #2017 #ThisIsIt #Familia #Family #Pamilya @manilagenesis #management #Philippines Thx to 📷 #AlanMercer
After the 1994 Miss Universe pageant, "Yari" landed several movie roles, made television appearances, and received offers to endorse products. She became a celebrity in the Philippines and lived in the country for five years. She also appeared in more than 10 movies, including Hataw Na, a film with Filipino actor and singer Gary Valenciano . She also became a staple figure on Philippine television every Sunday on the show ASAP Mania, where her dancing skills gained her the informal title "Dancing Queen". She had a four-year relationship with Filipino actor Aga Muhlach, who is now married to Charlene Gonzalez, Miss Universe 1994 top 6 finalist. Torres and Muhlach first met on the set of her first Philippine movie, Basta't Kasama Kita (As Long As I'm With You).
Let's reminisce with the prize packages of Miss Universe 1974 Amparo Munoz and Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen. The Miss Universe beauty pageant was held for the first and second time in 1974 and 1994 in Manila, Philippines.
The total prize package of Sushmita Sen was about a quarter of a million dollars.
|Amparo Munoz, Miss Universe 1974 from Spain|
Interestingly, it's the same music that the Miss Universe beauty pageant plays when a new queen has been crowned.
Miss Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina is confident the country will win the Miss Universe pageant for the second straight year.
“I flew to the US from Philippines with a DREAM. I wanted to AIM HIGHER. to be globally known and excellent in this industry (modeling and acting). Being in this calendar is a huge opportunity to showcase my beauty and personality, a great exposure for me and hopefully will be the beginning of a long lasting successful career in this field I’m very passionate about,” Janine Tugonon's said in her profile posted at the NU Musies website.
Janine Tugonon's nude photos for Nu Muses are now out in the market. The Nu Muses website comes in not one but three limited edition packaging as well as individual fine print arts.
Miss Universe 2012 First Runner-Up Janine was selected from over 1,000 applicants which was later trimmed down to 100 then 30 and finally to the 12 that comprised the very first batch of Nu Muses. The official selection was announced last October and formally introduced with a behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot last month in Dominican Republic.
According to news website interaksyon, The 20×24 fine print art of each model alone is available at $1,200 which at the current exchange rate roughly translates to P60,000, while a bigger 30×40 print has a price tag of $1,800 or about P90,000. Only five copies are available for each size which is printed on archival Hahnemuehle Fine Art Pearl with a certificate of authenticity so some bragging rights do come with each purchase.
The calendar itself is available in limited quantities. The collector’s edition box set presented in a handmade, specially designed, hardback linen folio and consisting of 12×16 prints will set back each buyer by $1,000 or around P50,000. Only 1,000 copies are available in this configuration.
|Janine Tugonon in one of the photos taken by David Bellemere for the 2017 Nu Muses calendar.|
The bigger premium edition containing 20×24 sized prints is available only in 100 copies and carries a price tag of $10,000 or about P500,000. The deluxe luxury edition of 24×24 prints presented in a linen handcrafted box and floating on a sculptural Lucite stand retails for a whopping $20,000 or P1 million as only 20 of these pricey babies are being sold.
Each edition of the calendar is numbered, stamped and comes with certificate of authenticity but only the premium and deluxe editions are signed by celebrated photographer David Bellemere.
Inspired by the popular Pirelli calendars of the 1980s, the Nu Muses calendar was conceived by Bellemere, famous for his work with Victoria’s Secret, and Steve Shaw, founder of Treats! Magazine, a U.S.-based limited-edition erotica and fine arts publication.
The calendar was officially unveiled last December 2 in Miami during the world renowned Art Bassel event.
Ariel Pearse of New Zealand was crowned Miss Tourism International 2016 held at Putrajaya, Malaysia. This is the first time a New Zelander won the Malaysian-based pageant as she defeated over 60 candidates and succeeded Faddya Ysabel Halabi Troisi of Venezuela.
2nd place: (Miss Tourism Cosmopolitan): Brazil, Thaina Magalhaes
3rd place: (Miss Tourism Global): Australia, Tasha Ross
4th place: (Dream Girl of the Year): Mexico, Ximena Delgado
5th place (Miss South East Asia): Indonesia, Dikna Faradiba
Top 10 Semi-finalists: Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Netherlands and Zimbabwe
Best in Talent: Malaysia
Miss Friendship: Denmark
Best in Evening Gown: Swaziland, Paraguay, Thailand